emarsh0000@hotmail.com --- Across The Board Talent Agency --- 323-761-0282

Actor, Computer Software Programmer, Singer, Dancer, Aerialist
REEL IS SLIGHTLY BELOW IF YOU CAN'T CLICK ABOVE. (PLEASE SCROLL)
OR COPY/PASTE THIS LINK TO SEE IT ON YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBgjtaT_g


HEADSHOTS (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW)

BLOG IS BELOW HEADSHOTS














Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And So it Begins...

Hello all!

So since I have move to LA, a LOT has happened in a year. To recap: I moved down to LA to pursue acting, (and I have been working at CBS in the meantime) while I pursue parts. I have found a wonderful church, Bel Air Pres, with many fun and talented people. I am currently in a great Bible Study which gives me a solid base in this crazy city of rushing around. On Tuesdays I go to my wonderful acting class to practice my craft, and while I learn great acting lessons and stretch my instrument, the people in the class itself are becoming like a second family to me. With all the work for both auditioning, going to acting workshops, and pursuing the money to make rent, I am a little tired most of the time but,... onward...ALWAYS ONWARD! :)

In the realm of acting results, I have been blessed enough to book one major commercial for a European company: (Orange), received all three of my SAG vouchers so now I am SAG Eligible, retained a commercial agent, and booked several student films. I also have had some fun doing some background work so I could be on shows such as "Samantha Who," and "Private Practice." Mostly just for bragging rights. In other fun but not important news, some famous people sightings that I have either seen or talked to:

Elijah Kelly - Seaweed from "Hairspray"
Taye Diggs,
Amy Brenneman,
Kate Walsh,
Chris Lowell - Private Practice
John Cusack - Gross Pointe Blank
Mark Harmon - NCIS "Jethro Gibbs"
Wanda - Heaven on Earth or stand up
Simon Cowell,
Paula Abdul,
Randy Jackson - American Idol
Lance Bass
& Jeff Foxforthy. (NO Dad, I did not get a chance to tell him about our family or my JF impressions.)

And I'm sure there are a few other sightings I've forgotten.

Some people that I was THIS CLOSE TO but didn't see because of bad timing:

John Krasinski (Yes sisters, it's true. ARG!)
Ewan McGreggor
Tom Hanks
Hugh Laurie
John Stamos

*Siiiigh* Oh well, another time...

I miss my family a lot, (Hi you guys!) and I am trying my hardest to move my acting career and my friendships here in LA forward.

Sending out my love to all in the form of HUGS and a special kiss to my new nephew Judah!

Love Emily

3 comments:

  1. Em, this is SUCH a good idea. I hope you have a lot of fun with your blog. Love you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. emily! thank you so much for sending me the link to your blog! as always I love to hear and read about what you have been up to, never dull and always entertaining! i am already looking forward to the next update! Just in case you haven't heard Brent and I expecting a little boy (jack) in May! We're every excited and can what to start this new adventure call parenting! Anywho, much love to you!
    Michelle

    P.S. I love that you are pursuing your passion and your dream! Its very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily! Carrie and I were talking the other day and wondering what you were up to, and what do ya know? Enter blog. I'm glad to hear what's going on in your life. You are so committed to what you do and I know it will all pay off. I hope you find some time to keep this thing updated. I'll be checking back! Oohh, and guess what? I'm dating a film guy now....tee hee :)

    ReplyDelete