emarsh0000@hotmail.com --- Across The Board Talent Agency --- 323-761-0282

Actor, Computer Software Programmer, Singer, Dancer, Aerialist
REEL IS SLIGHTLY BELOW IF YOU CAN'T CLICK ABOVE. (PLEASE SCROLL)
OR COPY/PASTE THIS LINK TO SEE IT ON YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBgjtaT_g


HEADSHOTS (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW)

BLOG IS BELOW HEADSHOTS














Friday, February 13, 2009

Single's Awareness Day (AKA - Valentine's Day)

SO another day, another holiday down here in LA. The weather is being finicky, it can't seem to make up their mind whether to rain, or be sunny, or just be cold. But on a happier note to most, Valentine's Day is tomorrow? What does that mean? Well here's a few things I came up with...

(Call it my TOP 10 if you will...)

10. Traffic in LA for dinner time triples...(which is impressive considering it's LA after all.)

9. Hallmark and Nestle make a MINT and many people save money by shopping at the ever-stocked "Dollar Store"

8. Singles get bitter and depressed while couples get swooney and cute.

7. Men's wallets get lighter and waistbands gets larger. (You know...from the chocolate and stuff)

6. The most sappy and romantic "chick flicks" come out in the theaters, forcing resigned boyfriends and husbands to sit through movies they would rather NOT see, in order to make their gal's happy. (Although "Friday the 13th" is trying to help guys survive this with some gore.)

5. All TV channels, (especially cable,) start love movie/TV marathons to increase viewers and get everyone in the mood for L-O-V-E.

4. We get a day to indulge in Mythology, Romance, and Fantasy without feeling like we're nerds or hopeless delusionals. (You know...Cupid, Perfect Love, the ideal date sans the harsh world realities from the other 364 days, do I really need to explain this one?)

3. We start to see a lot of pink, white, and red as themes in: clothing, food, and product placement.

2. We hopefully take a minute to appreciate those loved ones in our lives that make our lives that much better.

AND THE NUMBER ONE THING THAT HAPPENS AROUND VALENTINE'S DAY IS...

1. We promise ourselves that next year, we will NOT eat so much chocolate. (Yeah right, good one.)


OK, ok, on a more serious note.

I take V-Day as a day to appreciate the different kinds of love in my life that I can be thankful for: My familial love, which is so great and deep from my parents, brother, and sisters. My friends who support me down here and who commiserate with me when things are crappy. And of course, my love from and for Jesus, who guides my feet and loves me when my family and friends aren't around. His love especially keeps me sane and makes me feel more special than any guy with the most romantic and best laid Valentine's Day plans.

And people ask why I am so Peppy...

For this Single's Awareness Day, I will actally be flying home to see the fam. We will be having a B-Day party for my Aunt Susie and a bit of a pity party for myself. Why do you ask? Well, the Reader's Digest version is that some things aren't going so well for me right this minute. Money is beyond tight, I seem to be at a standstill in moving my career upward, and still no theatrical agent. Plus, to top it all off, I lost my leather gloves and an orthodontist has said that I need to do the whole "ortho-braces-and everything else I did for 10 years thing" AGAIN. So yeah, not good. We'll see what happens with that and I will keep you updated. Until then, I am in Full Denial Mode.

In other happier news, I know now that my baby nephew has inherited my webbed toes from mommy, (yea us cool mutants!) and I finally own "Iron Man" on my iPod. (To you this may seem like nothing, but to me, AWESOMENESS.) I also still have my job at CBS, thank the Lord, when, in this economic time, a lot of people are unemployed. And of course, I am getting to go see my family for Valentine's, which is just plain swell.

TO WRAP UP...

I figured I would continue the "Sightings" and "Missed Sightings" I started on my last Blog.

SIGHTINGS:

Dakota Fanning - She goes to my church and did a Q & A when we had a "Secret Life of Bees" Screening. Whoo!

Hugh Dancy - The guy from "Ella Enchanted" who played Prince Charmont and who is coming out in "Confessions of a Shopaholic" as the cute boss. YEAH, not to brag but we went to the same Apple store to get our computers fixed and we were seated next to each other. I talked to him and ladies, he . is . HOT. Tee Hee.

Brian Stepanek - For those Disney Channel peeps, he played "Arwin" on "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody," as well as one of the guys with Ewan McGreggor in "The Island."

Craig Anton - Another Disney guy, "Lloyd" who plays Ricky Ulman's dad in "Phil of the Future". Yeah, he was auditioning for the Commercial next to mine. SWEET.


MISSED SIGHTINGS:

Amanda Bynes - Yeah, this is actually an older missed sighting that I had but forgot to include. My MOM actually saw her when we were in the ALDO shoe store shopping, and she didn't want to draw attention. However, nudging me wouldn't have make a huge deal so I am sad about this one. (It's TRUE mom, but I love you anyway!)

Well that is enough for today, and my love to all those singles out there this weekend.

(Yeah, couples don't need my love as much, OK?)

-Emily... Out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily--Auntie Libby wishes she could be with you to offer a big hug to one of her favorite people. And thanks for loving Jesus too. He ranks right up there with the best of dates when you're feeling a little bluesy. Big hugs to Auntie Oozie too for her birthday.
    Lots of love
    Auntie Libby and Just Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see you this weekend, Em! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete