emarsh0000@hotmail.com --- Across The Board Talent Agency --- 323-761-0282

Actor, Computer Software Programmer, Singer, Dancer, Aerialist
REEL IS SLIGHTLY BELOW IF YOU CAN'T CLICK ABOVE. (PLEASE SCROLL)
OR COPY/PASTE THIS LINK TO SEE IT ON YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBgjtaT_g


HEADSHOTS (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW)

BLOG IS BELOW HEADSHOTS














Friday, April 24, 2009

April Auditions Bring May Madness

Hey all you out there in Blogger land. I know my little blog is competing in our family with my sister Amy's blog dedicated to her new little son Judah. I am sure I am losing in this battle, but I promised to keep you guys updated and so here we go...

WOW! Lots of stuff has occurred in a month. Firstly, I decided to GO. TO. THE. AMERICA'S. NEXT. TOP. MODEL. AUDITIONS. after all. I kept dreaming about it, and I wanted the cool story that was sure to come along with it, so I caved. It was actually REALLY FUN!

I got up relatively early for a Saturday and got all dolled up. I had thought everything out so I had my 17 page application, (yeah you heard me right,) my comfy shoes to wait in line in, (you wouldn't believe the lack of foresight of some of these girls,) and some snacks and my book.

I ended making friends in line though, so I didn't need the book, but I must say it was the prettiest line of ladies I had seen a long time all together. I thought it was funny that occasionally some guys would walk by and we were all thinking that they had heard about the auditions and had come to try and pick up some girls. If so, those guys are brilliant.

The line went pretty fast so I got through in a relatively short time. We went through security, got a number, a stamp, and a wristband, and were seated in this stadium. We were then cattled through to the ground stage where a camera man video taped us doing our "walks" that apparently Tyra was going to watch. Then, we were lined up according to our numbers in groups and were told to recite our name, ages, height, and weight.

However, what we said didn't really matter since they were using this time to write notes about us and whisper to each other. The people they wrote something down for usually were the ones who were called through to the next round but not always.

Here comes the funny part of my story. The guy DID write stuff down when I was up but when they called out the numbers of who was advancing, I had been congratulating the girl just in front of me who had made it, (I had called it that she would.) So I didn't hear if they called my number or not and they had said they were only going to call a number once and to please not come up to them at the table afterwards. SO, I just assumed my number hadn't been called and said goodbye to my friends.

The cool thing was that the floor of the stadium had a walkway barred off for us to exit out of and it looked like a runway to me. When we had been seating up in the stands, we could watch all the girls walk across it and we would giggle because it was like these girls didn't even realize that they were like on a catwalk. So when my friends and I finished, we were all like, "Ready girls? OK!" and we strutted right out of that stadium like we were pros.

It was a fun experience for me and I am glad I did it. They had even had news cameras from like "E" and "The Tonight Show" interviewing us while we had waited in line.

In other news, I am going to be in a student film tomorrow with this scottish director and I also got a lead in this brand new debuting musical that is really good! My character's name is Helen and we are supposed to have Steven Schwartz and some other high mucky mucks to come see us perform. Our director says if the right people see us, it could go to Broadway but at this point, I just want to do a good job so I am not holding my breath.

Other than that, I got to go home for Easter and see the fam, (bitter sweet as usual) and now my parents are off in Ethiopia on a medical mission trip, while my mission trip to Ireland is looking less and less likely because of work.

ALRIGHT PEOPLE...IT'S TIME FOR....

FAMOUS PEOPLE SIGHTINGS AND NEAR SIGHTINGS

---------------------------------------------------------------

Famous People Sightings

Giovonnie Samuels -
(AKA Nia Moseby on the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.) I saw her at the
America's Next Top Model auditions and I was like, "Girl, come on, you already have your own TV Show, they can't cast you on this."

Neal McDonough -
(AKA Dave Williams on Desperate Housewives). I saw Mr. Edie's Husband on Sunset walking down the street with all the tourists maybe heading to dinner, I dunno. But those very pink cheeks are not blush, they're just him.

Kirsten Storms -
(AKA Zenon from Disney channel and She's Belle or WAS on a soap recently) I ran into her almost literally when I went to a free Pre-Screening of "The Soloist" at the Arc Light in Sherman Oaks. She seemed in a big hurry as she was rushing out of the women's bathroom, and my friend and I were joking the maybe she was afraid of being recognized. (But I'm all like, "Really?)

NEAR MISSES

Yes, there is one this time and its my own fault because I knew when and where this guy would be and I didn't go see him.

Hugh Jackman - Yes ladies, I know you are all angry at me but he was getting his Star on the walk and I didn't walk over to see him. I deserve all bad comments. Does anyone else think the man is just too perfect?

My love to all my family and friends and I hope everyone is doing amazing.

Lots of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment