emarsh0000@hotmail.com --- Across The Board Talent Agency --- 323-761-0282

Actor, Computer Software Programmer, Singer, Dancer, Aerialist
REEL IS SLIGHTLY BELOW IF YOU CAN'T CLICK ABOVE. (PLEASE SCROLL)
OR COPY/PASTE THIS LINK TO SEE IT ON YOUTUBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBgjtaT_g


HEADSHOTS (SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW)

BLOG IS BELOW HEADSHOTS














Friday, May 29, 2009

May is Busting Up All Over!

Hello Family and Friends of mine,

So this Blogg is a little late coming on the END of May rather than near the beginning but I have had very little free time so ehh, I'm sorry.

Since Easter, things as CBS have been going well. I actually got an offer for a maybe job offer within CBS so I am going to be checking into my options for that. I mean, if I get benefits and they are cool with my hours being flexible, you never know.

For this month, since not a whole lot of crazy happened besides me being in a new world premiere musical called, "A Little Bit of Broadway," I thought I would copy and paste some fun facebook "get-to-know-me" surveys instead.

Before I do though, I'll briefly mention the Musical. I played one of the lead roles, a character named Helen and the premise was that this famous old songwriter (of the days of Sonheim, and Irving Berlin, etc.) dies and in his will he leaves all his money and music to us 5 actors if we will take his stuff and make a musical for Broadway out of it. While we go through his music, we participate in flashbacks and historic events while we deal with our own issues. It was pretty decent but we had had a HUGE time crunch and it was a lot of LONG hours. It helped that I really liked my cast, (even though at the beginning I found out we had had to re-cast like 3 times.)

Ok, so back to the copy/paste survey stuff: ENJOY!


I'm making my own survey and you all better do it because the questions aren't lame.

Wed 12:19pm Edit Note Delete
1. Favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor?
Fudge Brownie, all the way BABY! ( I mean actual bits of brownie in chocolate? Every girl's dream)

2. If you could be any literary character, who would you be?
Hermione Granger. It's perfect. You got your regular muggle life when you're not at school, and then I get to be a brilliant witch with great friends, a couple boyfriends, and a time traveling hourglass. SWEET

3. Who's been more innovative for modern television: J.J. Abrams or Joss Whedon?
Joss Whedon hands down. If we're talking different and innovation, um, hello? Buffy, Dollhouse, Firefly, Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long blog? As much as I adore J.J. Abrams and firmly believe he is very talented, he always works on the edge of the possible. Maybe LOST excepted but that idea stems back to every "What would you do on a deserted island" question. Joss spins into the strange and amazing. His Buffy Musical which caused every other network to copy him? His Buffy episode where no one could talk got him an emmy nomination. (And actually, so did the musical episode.) Seriously...

4. Where's one place you have no desire to visit?
Antartica. Penguins or no penguins

5. Best roller coaster you've ever been on?
Thunder Mountain, ahh, the classics.

6. Strangest flavor of soda you've ever tried?
Um, root beer. Sorry guys, I hate it.

7. If you were a highlighter, what color would you be?
Classic Yellow, it's the best for a REASON and really catches the eye.

8. What's the most recent song you downloaded?
"The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel. I heard it when I went to see the Watchmen and I forgot how much that song ROCKS! I mean the tones are so full and pure and its just a different kind of music than most now-a-days.

9. Have you seen any episodes of "Planet Earth?"
YES, seen them all. My dad got them for his birthday awhile ago and I believe he still hasn't quite seen them all but I have. My favorite? The jumping black tropical bird with blue eyes that looks like an oil spot when he is trying to attract a female. ( - - ) <---that is what he basically looks like then.

10. What's your favorite made-up word, and where is it from?
"Fluffernutter." I'm not sure who came up with it originally, but I remember hearing it on "Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Mitchell." The best movie ever.

11. Which Beatles song most accurately describes your life right now?
A Hard Day's Night. I HAVE been working like a dog. And I since I don't have a significant other to sing the next part to, that actually becomes sleep, or a good book.

12. Do you remember who won the last three Superbowls without Googling it?
Um, Steelers? Rams? And Buckeyes?

13. What's your [current] favorite show that nobody's watching?
Castle. "Ooh I like playing rough. My safe word is 'Apples'. *grabs his nose* "APPLES! APPLES!"

14. Were you devastated when you learned Pluto was no longer classified as a planet?
Ehhh, didn't really mind. I don't live on it or anything.

15. Do you own a George Foreman grill, and if so do you "knock out the fat!"?
Yes, I do. Um, I guess I do. Isn't that the point of the grill?

16. Favorite X-Man?
Storm. Come on, kick butt name, and you can control the only thing man can't control. The possibilities are awesome and pretty much endless.

17. What's the worst movie you've seen in the last month?
I don't have money, so going to see a bad movie is out of the question. How about a bad movie that I DIDN'T go see? That would be "Crank - High Voltage" The Guy is already DEAD guys, get over it.

18. Do you think you'd succeed at a blind taste test between Coke and Pepsi?
Absol-friggin'-lutely. totally different.

19. If you were an animal, what would you be?
Well, for all you out there, technically I AM an animal, called a human. I am also a female, a mammal and a homosapien. But I digress, I assume you mean like non-human animal, in which case, I would be cockerspaniel by personality and by choice I would be a dolphin.

20. Name the first classical composer that comes to the top of your head.
Johann Sebastian Bach.

21. What's a skill you wish you had?
Speaking any language including Sign and Braile. I only know 3 languages so far. And you start to lose them if you don't use them a lot.

22. Staples or Office Max: which is better and why?
Office Max. Staples are painful.

23. Name one fact you remember from high school, but you no longer use:
Electrons lend themselves to each other in order to create stable elements. That makes them "happy electrons." (We would draw a smilie face on the electron when it was stable.)

24. What was the last "freebie" you took from a store, restaurant, or place of business?
I guess it would be a couple free days working out at the YMCA when they needed some paperwork to renew my membership. (But I still went in to work out anyway. Yeahhh, I'm a rebel.)

25. Are you concerned about the polar ice caps melting?
Yes, but I know it wouldn't flood the world because Jesus promised never again.

26. Have you ever encountered a ghost?
Yes, I refer to him as, "Holy"

27. Who would play you in a movie?
Ellen Paige for personality, Emily VanCamp for resemblance.

28. Name a childhood toy you always wanted but never got:
A Pony?

29. How do you know the last person you talked to on the phone?
That would be my acting scene partner Rich Aluise for class prep.

30. If I gave you twenty bucks right now, what would you do with it?
Use it for rent. It's so sad, I know.

31. What's your favorite board game?
Oodles.

32. Thoughts on the E*Trade talking baby?
He is hilarious and cute. I love him.

33. What color are your bedroom walls?
White because I have pictures of my favorite pieces of art all over them and white makes a good connecting canvas.

34. If you were given 1,000 shares of any company, which company would you go with?
Coke? McDonalds? Apple? Any company that is closed to buyers because it is doing so well.

35. Name a book of the Bible. Any book. Go.
Amos. No, wait, Philemon. No wait....sorry, my brain skips around a lot.

36. If you were looking at a row of perfectly aligned tiles, and one was ever so slightly out of place, would you leave it be or would your OCD kick in and force you to push it into place?
Put it back in place. Aesthetics are important in a chaotic world.

37. What's the best television network and why?
Well, I am a little biased because I WORK at CBS, but I will say it's close between ABC and CBS. I mean ABC has Castle and Scrubs and Private Practice and Ugly Betty. But CBS has The Mentalist, NCIS, How I Met Your Mother, etc.

38. Are you having fun with this survey so far?
Yeah but it's taking longer than I first guessed.

39. If you were a kitchen utensil, which would you be and why?
An Egg Beater, I would get to be in the middle of a lot of deliciousness and make the parts even better together. Yum!

40. What political figure would you invite over to dinner, past or present?
FDR, I would want to know his views on our economy now and how we should get out of it. Plus, since he's been a member of both political parties, I would want to hear his views on the pros and cons of both.

41. Favorite homonym?
I don't know why but I've always liked hay/hey and beau/bow

42. And since we're having fun with words, list a palindrome:
racecar, kayak, or my favorite phrase, "Madam, I'm Adam."

43. What color is your car, or the last car you were in?
Gray-green but I didn't CHOOSE it. He's a good car though.

44. Do choosy moms choose Jif?
No, choosy moms choose wholesome all-natural Trader Joe's-ish organic, blah, blah, peanut butter. Cheap moms choose JIF. (That sounds catchy.)

45. Be honest. Have you ever used Wikipedia as the sole resource for a paper?
No, but it has been the cornerstone once or twice.

46. If appropriate, list verbatim the last text message you received:
"Hey, we are playing games at Mary Alice's place at 430! Hope to see you there!" - Jackie

47. Are you sick of Lady GaGa's "Poker Face" yet?
Yes. But the radio overplays every song. I am MORE sick of The Black Eyed Peas' "Boom Boom Pow." And I didn't even like it in the first place.

48. Write down the first association you have with the following word: "pigment"
Pig...Paint. I thought of pig before I finished reading and paint once I had so they both go here.

49. What's the best Muppet movie?
"The Muppets Take Manhatten" of course. "I'll trade anyone for a room with a jacuzzzzziiiiiiiiiii"

50. Do you feel you've grown as a person after participating in this survey?
No, but I have frittered away some valuable time.

ALRIGHT! Now I know that was a lot to read but if you are up for it...It's time for...

FAMOUS SIGHTINGS AND ALMOST SIGHTINGS

SIGHTINGS:
----------------

Sonya Walger - AKA "Penny" from LOST - She was at Bel Air Pres two weekends ago. Wow, we are drawing in famous TV peeps left and right aren't we?

Drew Tyler Bell - From Bold and the Beautiful - He walked into CBS to go upstairs and do his thing. I couldn't help but think though, while he is a good-looking guy, he reminded me a tad of a fish around the eyes area. But maybe I am on crack.

NEAR SIGHTINGS:
------------------------

I feel like I did have one but I cannot remember right now sorry! I will include it next time.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you saw "Penny" from LOST. She and Desmond are two of my favs. How fun, Em! It's always good to read your updates. XOXO =)

    ReplyDelete